Wednesday, September 25, 2013

This Week...

So far this week:

1. I've been to to the dentist.

2. I've been to the dentist a second time. Now I'm freeeeeeeeee!! (Maybe not forever, but I'll savor the joy while it lasts).

3. Cracked the glass on a picture frame, then realized no one can tell the glass is missing, so it'll be going back up. ;-)

4. Baked gluten free red velvet cupcakes. (I used this recipe from the Sprinkles cupcake shop in L.A.)

5. Finished the last of the custard cream cookies in the cookie jar. (These are very dunkable cookies).

6. Retweeted this gorgeous image of two lion cubs.

7. And posted this quote from Archangel's Legion on Facebook. Here it is for those of you who aren't on FB. I hope you enjoy!

Kisses down her throat. "I wouldn't wish my consort to suffer ennui."

Chest heaving...she managed to say, "Ennui, yes, that's exactly what I feel right now."

His eyes glinted. "So, my consort challenges me. Very well."

- from ARCHANGEL'S LEGION: Oct 29th (International Oct 31st)


How's your week going so far? (And yes, I'm writing. Lots and lots ;-)).

11 comments :

Anonymous said...

Just finished rereading Dorian's story and was thinking that, there's a free story idea in detailing how Dorian, his packmates and family get used to his new changing ability.

BTW, wouldn't it be cute if Keenan called Dorian dad/daddy/father instead of by his name?

Dianne said...

Arrgh tease. October is too far away. But thank you for the snippets. It makes work so much more fun discussing this with the other Nalini fans (co-worker and customers)

Anonymous said...

Thanks sooo much for the recipe, Nalini!!! My sister has a wheat allergy and she was delighted when I told her about the cupcakes. I think we´ll start baking them tomorrow.
Greetings from Germany,
Linda J

StephenCroucher said...

hmmm this week i was preparing for my birthday, had to go birthday shopping with my parents cause my birthday is next monday and they dont have any time off for it.
Cant wait for archangels legion its gonna be amazing!!!!!!

Chantal Lovell said...

This week I started belly dancing classes, just for fun!

Just preordered Archangel's Legion, currently rereading the whole series to be fully up to speed for it.

Thank you so much for writing such wonderful books, they make my heart bloom :) And very excited to hear you're writing so much- need me some more psy-changeling too!

Mikaela said...

This week I am finally able to walk again without any pain in my knee after injuring it 10 days ago.

I have all my blogposts scheduled until Friday.

It is cold, but gorgeous.

I am revising a story. Or at least trying too :)

Anonymous said...

It would be interesting to know how Dorian's people react to his new ability to change. Of course, I hope someone will talk to Nalini about their reaction to how the Psy act at the end of Heart of Obsidian!

I've read "One Lucky Vampire" by Lynsay Sands this week, and have been re-reading parts of Eric Flint's 1632 series.

The to be read 'real soon now' books are "Ranger Confidential" by Andrea Lankford (nonfiction) and "Sucking in San Franscisco" by Jessica McBrayer.

Waiting impatiently for "Archangel's Legion", and "Trade Secret" by Steve Miller and Sharon Lee.

Anonymous said...

Ótimo as asas desconfortáveis "no acento humano". faz lembrar os sacrifícios dos seres celestes por nós.

Diane said...

Meh!
I'm listening to Heart of Obsidian, I'm a fan of your books and your audiobooks too!

BriLiz said...

I was looking at the FB page and your quote from Slave to Sensation and it spun my mind back to a question that I've been wondering about off and on for a while. Why do we know nothing about Sascha's father? Is he really just not important at all, or is there a secret there that we haven't gotten to yet in the story. I remember in the book it says that her father is "unknown" and I always wondered why.

Anonymous said...

*g* Finally I can start my vacation countdown (I´m more than ready to leave for a bit sunshine, good food and relaxation).