Thursday, November 06, 2014

Good News & More


Archangel's Shadows is now out worldwide! I hope you all enjoy the book!! 

I woke up today to the news that Archangel's Shadows hit both the New York Times & USA Today Bestseller lists. A great big thank you to all of you - I'm so happy that you continue to be excited by the series and the Guild Hunter world. :-)


Thank you to everyone who attended Auckland event last night. It was fantastic!

I spoke to questions from the audience, and the discussion ranged from how I keep track of series details, to plotting, to questions about the next generation of characters & how much I don't like skipping time unless it's very necessary (it'll be more likely to happen in the GH series than the Psy one).

A special shout-out for the Remuera Library staff who hosted me - you were incredible!

I gave away a goody bag that included several of my favorite books and authors. Here they are if you're looking for reading recommendations (I'll be doing a lot of book giveaways over the holidays this year, so keep an eye out).

The Iron Duke by Meljean Brook (I love the entire Iron Seas Series. If you don't want to dive into a full-length book, Meljean's novella Here There be Monsters is an amazing intro into the world. If you already have the Burning Up anthology, you'll have this novella, so don't accidentally buy it twice!)

Devil's Bride by Stephanie Laurens (My favorite in this historical series is A Secret Love, but the entire Cynster series is fantastic).

A Bollywood Affair by Sonali Dev (My favorite book this year! I've been raving about it everywhere - I'm not sure I posted on the blog though. It's an amazing romance full of emotion and heart and it left me with a goofy smile on my face at the end. You don't have to take my word for it though: here's the link to an excerpt, and here's the link to the Amazon review page for the book).

Festive in Death by JD Robb (I think the In Death series is the longest running series I've kept up with. It's just amazing. That's all I gotta say. Naked in Death is book one).

~

"One of the best rock band stories I have read in a long time – in that it doesn’t hide the hard things and still finds a way to bring that awesome ending that romance readers long for."

- Jo at Joyfully Reviewed has an in-depth review up for Rock Addiction.

"Both main characters are well drawn and human. They could be people we already know so we want them to fall in love and be rescued … only they don’t need it.

They both have deep and abiding friendships, which prove they are capable of long-term relationships and love; they just don’t see it as it is revealed to the reader. We fall in love with them both as each page turns." 


- From ARRA's feature book review of Rock Addiction

3 comments :

Kathryn T said...

I loved Bollywood Affair and add my recommendations for it. I am a little way in on the In Death series and I want to try the Meljean series. My Archangel's Shadow shouldn't be too far away as it is on its way to NZ from Book Dep.

MH said...

I love Stephanie Laurens in general, and A Secret Love is also one of my favorites! Quite a few of her Cynsters and Bastion Club books are amongst my all time favs - along with all of Nalini's books of course :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on Archangel's Shadows, and thank you for your hard work on the wonderful story.